Been working with Gigabyte Philippines during the past couple of weeks on their localization of the Gigabyte Open Overclocking Competition, or GO OC. The event itself on a global level is the largest of its kind in the world. With 33 countries competing, this is sure to bring pride to the one who ends up on top, along with some top level prizes and hardware goodies. 🙂
Read more if you’re interested in joining and want to check out the event qualifier mechanics.
Join the 2010 Philippine GIGABYTE Open Overclocking Competition and get a chance to win an all-expense paid trip to Jakarta Indonesia! And become the Philippines’s official representative in the GOOC Pan Aisa Regional Championships!
Gigabyte invites extreme and intense power users to compete on benching GIGABYTE’s over the edge gaming motherboards to the state of the art of performance standards, setting world records from all parts of the world…We raise the bar and push you even further to go beyond limits and make the impossible possible.
- For the live competition, all major components will be supplied by Gigabyte and its partner companies.
- The Winner will become the official Philippine Representative for the GOOC Pan Asia Regionals which will be held in Jakarta, Indonesia on June 19, 2010.
Deadline for online submissions: May 15, 2010
Live Competition Date: May 21, 2010
Live Competition Venue: SM North Edsa Cyberzone
Live Event Details: Click Here.
Aspiring participants are required to submit results of their own benchmarks to Gigabyte for qualification. Only the ten (10) best results will be eligible to join the live event of the Gigabyte Open Overclocking Competition (GO OC) to be held on May 21, 20010 at the SM North Cyberzone.
Online Qualifier Benchmark Requirements:
- Required Version: SuperPi Mod v1.5
- The screenshot must have open windows of SuperPi and CPU-Z, with CPU-Z showing the processor, motherboard and memory tabs.
- A CPU-Z validation link for the SuperPi 1M run must be included with the submission. The contestant’s name (the name appearing on the submitted entry) must be on the CPU-Z validation page to be qualified.
Intel Burn Test
- Stress Level: Standard
- Times to Run: 5
- Threads: No Restrictions
- The screenshot must have open windows of Intel Burn Test and CPU-Z, with CPU-Z showing the processor, motherboard and memory tabs.
- A CPU-Z validation link for the Intel Burn Test run must be included with the submission. The contestant’s name (the name appearing on the submitted entry) must be on the CPU-Z validation page to be qualified.
Online Qualifier Rules:
- Contestants can send their results for the qualifiers only once.
- The final score will be computed by adding the result of the SuperPi 1M run (in seconds) to 1/10th of the score (in seconds) of the Intel Burn Test run.
- The contestants with the ten (10) lowest scores (in seconds) at the end of the submission period will be declared champion.
- Contestants will have to submit two (2) benchmark screenshots, one for the Intel Burn Test, and another one for the Super Pi 1M.
- Contestants will have to submit two (2) CPU-Z validation links, one for the Intel Burn Test, and another one for the Super Pi 1M.
- Contestants have to submit a photo of their platform used for qualifiers.
- There are no cooling restrictions for the online qualifiers. LN2, DICE, Single Stage, Cascade, etc is allowed.
- There are no platform restrictions, meaning any setup and any brand is allowed for the online qualifiers.
- Any contestant with more than one submission for the qualifiers will be disqualified.
Submitting Your Entry:
To submit your entries, email [email protected] with the following details:
- Full Name:
- Full Address:
- Contact Number:
- Attach the two (2) required screenshots
- Include the two (2) required CPU-Z validation links
- Attach a photo of the platform used
Entries will only be accepted until May 15, 2010 (12MN). Any entries received after the deadline will no longer be included in the screening for the Live competition participants.
The top ten (10) contestants who qualify for the live event will be contacted via phone and email regarding the details. The winners will also be posted online.
NOTE: Participants outside Metro Manila are eligible to join. However, Gigabyte, its affiliates, and partner agencies will not shoulder their travel cost, food, and accommodations for the live event on May 21, 2010.